Friday, November 12, 2021

Police State?

 

It was with great trepidation that I decided to head out and do some shopping, for me and for Xmas. I'd put it off too long, and what with having to obey the instructions for isolating at home from the government, I hadn't ventured outside my drive way for what felt like years. (I last went out on Thursday after work, but whatever.)

I walked out the door, looking around for guns trained on me, looking at my chest for that tell tale red dot, but nothing, so I scampered down the stairs to my car. I breathed a sigh of relief when I made it, locking the doors behind me. (no I didn't really lock the doors). I couldn't see anyone else out and about so I backed slowly up the driveway, only to see my neighbour crossing the road with a pair of secateurs in hand. I trembled, but continued as he wasn't running and shouting at me. He stopped me at the top of the driveway and I expected him to point his weapon at me and threaten me. Instead he greeted me, and said he was going to mow my lawn and do a bit of trimming for me. What a relief, I sure as shit don't want to be killed while idling in the car. 

I drove up the road, and spotted no cars, but as I turned the corner, there was another brave soul, venturing out. I expected they were just as scared as I was, both of us with a death grip on our steering wheels, huddled low in our seats. 

As I continued on my journey, I noticed people walking, not in groups of one, but in 2's and 3's, and families, taking the kids out for a ride on their bikes. Dogs being walked, people washing cars, or mowing lawns. I couldn't believe it, after all, America was set to invade to set us free from the tyranny we lived with. I joined the stream of cars heading down the mountain, thinking that at any moment a black hawk would drop in front of us and start firing, but we made it down alive. I kept an ear out for that tell tale thump thump of a chopper. 

I drove closer to the edge of my LGA, expecting the stream of cars to slow and stop while we passed through a check point into the neighbouring LGA, but there was nothing, just some idiot unable to do the speed limit. Well surely, there would be a checkpoint before we were allowed across the river, but no, again I was surprised to see that apart from traffic lights, nothing stopped me. I refused to be lulled into a false sense of security though, we've all seen the videos, the tik toks, and for fucks sake, Candace Owens was calling for the invasion, how could she possibly get it wrong? 

Reaching the car park, I followed a line of cars in and started searching for a parking space. I had to drive up 4 levels before finding anything, the car park is only 5 levels (at least that part is). Letting out a deep breath I turned off the car and looked around before getting out. Grabbed my mask, phone and wallet, then to the boot for a couple of shopping bags. Laughter rang out as a toddler in a stroller went into hysterics at the antics of their mother and father. Had to be the military in disguise, they'd even stolen a child to make their cover more real. 

Again, I checked for red dots, but on finding nothing walked into the plaza, only to be greeted by crowds upon crowds of people. People just like me, masks on, shopping bags in hand, doing ordinary everyday things. I couldn't believe my eyes, surely I was hallucinating it all. I was probably strapped to a gurney in an underground lab with everyone else, being kept in a coma as I was experimented on by my government? 

I headed towards Big W, and was stopped by a line, uh huh, here we go I thought to myself, but again I was wrong, it was just a line of people checking in with their smart phones, being greeted by a masked Big W employee. Sigh, how could this be? How could all those tik toks and videos be so very wrong, how could Candace be wrong?

Well folks, I did spend 15 minutes in a queue, there was no social distancing, just a queue of people with shopping, just like me, masked and waiting to get to the check outs. So much for a Police State lol. I have a hard time going out in crowds, don't like them, never will, but I braved it and survived without being arrested or confined by the military. In fact, I didn't see a single police car the whole time I was out. No military or police, walking the Plaza, unless they were in civvies and out and about with their families. 

The worst part of my trip, was the crowds, and I admit my mask is uncomfortable, but I will continue to wear it. If I can help protect one person, out of all those that were there today, then I'll be a happy camper. So, put away your guns, stow those invasion plans, turn off the jets and choppers, we are fine. In fact we are better than fine. I know there are people who have lost their jobs, some have lost their homes, but we are not living in a country that needs any help from America or anywhere else. Look after your own people, the hundreds of thousands that have died in your own country. But if you must keep pushing on with the plans, please share them on FB, we Aussies are having a hell of a good laugh at them all lol. 


Catch yas

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment